We have tried to make our online shop easy and intuitive, making the order process as easy as possible. Our website is interactive, depending on the lens you choose, you will be offered a choice of amount of lenses, ,the powers, base curves/diameters available for that particular lens. many lenses are only available in one base curve/diameter, in these cases you will only be offered one choice.
What do you need to order online?
Before you place your order you shall need the following information:
- The brand name of your contact lenses. for example acuvue, ciba vision or bausch & lomb.
- The prescription details of your contact lenses. (Click here for help with reading your contact lens prescription)
- Your optician's name and address
- Your current contact lens prescription.
How to place an order online?
Step 1: Have your contact lens prescription at hand.
Step 2: Find your contact lens. There are several ways to find your lenses from the home page.
- selectyour lens type from the menu option on the left of your screen. There are two menu categories Contact Lens Type and Contact Lens Brands. By clicking on either the type or the brand of the contact lens, the products available in these categories will appear in the centre of your screen.
- Browse our categories by selecting 'products' on the menu options at the top of the page.
- select the categories from our home page. All our categories are displayed here. Just clicking on the image/title will display the products available in that categories in the centre of your screen.
- Enter your lens type in the search box on the top left of your screen. For help in using the search engine click here.
Step 3: select your lens type and place an order. The products list will give you information about the quantities and price of the lenses. Follow these directions to complete your order:
- Once you have found the lenses that you wish to purchase, proceed to entering your prescription details by clicking on the 'Buy' button.
- Enter your prescription details making sure the power, fitting (base curve/diameter) and other options are selected including the amount of lenses.
- Click on the 'Add to Cart' button.
- In the top right of your window you will see a summary of the items in your basket, and the total amount for your order.
- A confirmation of the items in your shopping basket will be displayed in the centre of your screen.
- Check that the details of your order are correct. When you are ready click on the 'proceed to checkout'. Alternatively you can 'continue shopping' for more products or change the quantity of the product ordered by changing the number in the quantity box and click on the 'recalculate' button to get a summary of the contents of your basket and the total price.
Checkout and Payment
At any time while you're shopping, a summary of view of your shopping cart contents are displayed in the top right of your screen. To see details of your order, simply click on the 'view cart' link under the summary shopping cart details or select the view cart menu option at the top of the page at any time.
Step 1: On selecting to proceed to checkout you will be prompted with a choice depending on the type of customer you are.
Step 2: Enter your customer & delivery details. You have the following options:
- If you are a new customer to secondsightonline we will collect the necessary information in order to process your order. Select the 'sign-up' button.
- If you are an existing customer to secondsightonline simply enter the userid and password that you selected. If you have forgotten your password, by clicking on the 'forgotten password?' link we will email it to you straightaway.
Step 3: Agree Terms & Conditions. Once you've provided your details, all you have to do is agree to our terms and conditions checkbox and confirm your order details.
Step 4: Finally you will be presented with your order details before payment. By clicking on the 'Order Now' you will be directed to a secure environment where your credit card details will be collected. Remember all your personal information is secured and protected by our security & privacy statements.
We will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your order.
If you have any difficulty with your online order either contact us or call us on +44 (0)20 8698 6884
Place an order by phone or fax
If you prefer you can place an order by phone or fax.
To place an order by phone, simply have you order prescription and opticians details at hand and call us on +44 (0)20 8698 6884. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 10 am and 5:30 pm (Except Bank Holidays).
To place an order by Fax, simply print off the order form by selecting the 'Print Order Form' menu options on the left and right side of your screen. Print the form and fax to us along with your contact lens prescription. Fax it to us on +44 (0)20 8654 3284